Also See The Zizzo Allan Climate Website

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Friends...and family

The last few days have been full of friends and family, and it makes me appreciate those long-lasting and foundational relationships. They are an important part of being authentically human. On Friday we had a bit of a reunion with Alexis, Joelle and Leanne here at my place. We played boardgames, the most passionate being scrabble. Alexis, the true word-nerd of the bunch kicked our butts.

Then Sunday Jesse and I hosted a BBQ at our place with my brothers, cousin Dean and partners/kids. It was fantastic. A bit strange to have little kids in our place, and I realized I don't own any plastic glasses (juice was served in beer cups!)

Last night Alexis came over and we had a nice day together, working and clearing up my back garden. It was great to reconnect with a good friend.



And this is what the garden looked like when done, you can see Teelo relaxing in the background



And tonight, my cousin Cori and her husband Brad came to visit, we went out for a fantastic Indian dinner and had a nice visit here at the house. Cori and I are the closest thing that we each have to sisters, and it's so easy for time to pass and us to go about our lives and not reconnect. Today reminded me about the importance of keeping those you love close to you, ensuring they are part of your life and that we are always there to support each other!

I'm so fortunate to have such amazing people in my life. Thanks to all for reminding me of that this week!

L

No comments:

Post a Comment